Are there ways you can eliminate secure web gateway out of your business? But should you do this? Find out below.
Ways You Can Eliminate Secure Web Gateway Out of Your Business
Today, more and more companies are using secure web gateway (SWG). But some are thinking of ways to can eliminate SWG from their business because they think that SWG is just a waste of money. Here are some of the ways you can eliminate secure web gateway out of your business:
1. You Can Utilize Host-Based Security. Utilizing host-based security in your business can help you eliminate SWG. This is because the security and control of web access can be done with the help of server and desktop firewalls.
2. You Can Manage Your Applications on Host-Based Security. If you manage your applications on host-based security, then you don’t have to use SWG. This is because most businesses are currently managing their applications on host-based security today.
3. You Can Use Endpoint Security. Endpoint security is also another way to eliminate SWG from your business. This is because endpoint security combines antivirus, antimalware, patch management, and other tools that are used in protecting endpoint devices from threats and compromise. They also prevent unauthorized access and data loss by guarding against malware, viruses, and other forms of cyberattacks. So you can use endpoint security instead of SWG.
4. You Can Use UTM (Unified Threat Management) Gateway. UTM gateway combines different kinds of security solutions such as firewall, VPN, antivirus, and intrusion prevention systems in one gateway device. This is to protect you from any kind of cyber threat whether it’s external or internal threats
5. You Can Use an eMail Security Gateway. Finally, this type of gateway protects you from spam and other email threats.
But now we know what are the ways to eliminate SWG, we need to know if this is the right thing to do.
Why Not Eliminate Secure Web Gateway Out of Your Business
Eliminating SWG within your company can pose some threats to your business. Firstly, only SWG can block malware from entering your system and infecting it. Also, only SWG can block spyware from stealing your confidential data.
So, when you eliminate SWG from your business, you will be exposing your network to these cyber threats and putting the security of your business at risk. Thus, you shouldn’t eliminate SWG from your business.
Moreover, no SWG means that your business will not be able to block employees from accessing sites that are inappropriate for work such as social networking sites. This is because SWG can block employees from accessing these inappropriate sites. But if you remove them, you will have to look for other ways to protect your business. So, it would be better if you just don’t eliminate SWG from your business.
So, it’s true that there are ways to eliminate SWG from your business. But what is said above is just a part of the whole story. There’s still one more question left unanswered: why do you want to eliminate SWG from your business?